MATG XIII Scavenger Hunt

Get out and do something!
Swingdancr
Web Page Czar
Web Page Czar

MATG XIII Scavenger Hunt

Post#1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:21 am

Entries will be available by 3pm Thursday afternoon, July 23rd to pick up at Fontana Village General Store or Fontana Village Front Desk.

They will be due by 12pm at Fontana Village Front Desk (Registration) on Sunday July 26th.

There will be prizes for most correct entry forms drawn at random. The more correct answers you have on your entry, the better chance you have to win. Entries will be judged from July 27th - 29th and winners will be announced July 30th and notified by email.

Here's the prizes for the Scavenger Hunt:
1st - 2 night stay for 2 at Crossroads of Time (courtesy Deal's Gap store)
2nd - ELK intake from DDM Works (courtesy of DDM Works)
3rd - $40 gift certificate to Geri's Bazaar (courtesy Geri's Bazaar)
4th - Cool Breeze Scoop (courtesy Cool Breeze Scoop)
5th through 7th - Road&Ster issue #55 (courtesy R-Speed)
8th - Dinner for two at Wildwood Grille (courtesy Fontana Village)
9th - CD of all photos from Dam Photo (courtesy Amazing Aerial Photography)
Josh and Missy
Staying in Fontana
Driving the infamous Crabbycar

Swingdancr
Web Page Czar
Web Page Czar

Re: MATG XIII Scavenger Hunt

Post#2 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:59 am

Ok, all prizes have been announced and the scavenger hunt has been completed.

Entry forms will be available at the Fontana General Store and Fontana Front Desk. Entry forms will be due in by noon on Sunday at the Fontana Front Desk. I will then grade them in the upcoming week and winners will be announced on July 30th. They will be posted in this thread and notified by email.

I hope ya'll enjoy it!
Josh and Missy
Staying in Fontana

bladernr
Admin
Admin

Post#3 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:47 pm

Hey Josh,

The Scavenger Hunt was a lot of fun... we had a ball running around the area looking for answers (and some of them were a good challenge in observation too...) good thing I spend a fair amount of time playing hidden picture puzzles ;-)

Could you also post the answers, and how many people participated? I was hoping that only 10 people did, because for all that work, I'd better win that intake ;-)

Seriously though, the answers would be cool, I'd like to know how well we did...

Thanks for making it up, it really was a fun way to spend an afternoon.
"I drank what?" - Socrates

1991 SE British Racing Green
2007 Honda VTX1800C (Taming the Dragon with .2 extra Liters and 2 less wheels)

Swingdancr
Web Page Czar
Web Page Czar

Post#4 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:13 pm

Congratulations to Jeff & Dana Lane for winning 1st prize, a 2 night stay for 2 at the Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort!!! I've passed your name and information along to the store and they'll be contacting you shortly.

Also, congratulations to James Delewese for picking up 2nd place and to John Watson for 3rd place.

All winners should have an email in their inbox with instructions on how to claim their prizes.

For the rest of you, here's the answers to the Scavenger Hunt: http://www.roadster-chat.net/hunt/
Josh and Missy
Staying in Fontana

bladernr
Admin
Admin

Post#5 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:19 am

WOW! We really didn't expect THAT! Dana and I are very excited about this.

And congrats to everyone else who won.

I did have one question for you, now that the answers have been posted. When did you take the picture of the 7 Gallon limit at CROT? We never saw any signs on the pumps, or anywhere else when we were up there. Not complainin' of course, just curious.

We really did have a good time doing this. Dana says that it was the best part of the weekend, and I have to thank you for it as well. We'd never been to El Pacifico, and so we stopped in there for dinner and to see the menu, and it was very VERY good. I was surprised at how good the place was, actually.

We eat at a lot of Mexican places, and very few are as good as El Pacifico was.

Another question, now that I'm thinking about it... do you know where we could find some history on the Calderwood village? We had stumbled on the Baptist church a couple years ago and explored it (I have some good pics of it on my flickr page) but didn't go further than that until this year. I didn't realize that there was an entire abandoned town down there.

Dana's been looking for history but hasn't found very much about Calderwood, though there is a lot about Fontana and the Fontana Lake villages, Cades Cove and so forth... but Calderwood is still a mystery for us.

Thanks again for setting the scavenger hunt up. That was a good time among good times. :applaud:

Swingdancr
Web Page Czar
Web Page Czar

Post#6 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:32 am

bladernr wrote:I did have one question for you, now that the answers have been posted. When did you take the picture of the 7 Gallon limit at CROT?

I took the picture several weeks before the actual event, as the store put the sign up just for me to take the picture. But, the several times I stopped by the store during the course of the weekend, the sign was there every time. It's usually on the outside of the pumps that I've seen it.

bladernr wrote:Another question, now that I'm thinking about it... do you know where we could find some history on the Calderwood village?

You might try contacting TVA and seeing what they have to offer. IIRC, Calderwood was a joint effort between Alcoa and TVA so you might try contacting them too.
Josh and Missy
Staying in Fontana

MidGAGuy
Crossroads of Time
Crossroads of Time

Post#7 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:54 am

Swingdancr wrote:
bladernr wrote:I did have one question for you, now that the answers have been posted. When did you take the picture of the 7 Gallon limit at CROT?

...the several times I stopped by the store during the course of the weekend, the sign was there every time. It's usually on the outside of the pumps that I've seen it.

I saw it there during MATG.

bladernr
Admin
Admin

Post#8 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:33 pm

Oh I believe you and Josh... I just didn't see it so I was curious, especially after we asked one of the girls behind the register who said there was no limit...

It's not important, just curiosity. That was the one question that really threw us, so I wanted to know more about it. Well, that and the Authorized Dealer one... that one was tricky and I almost missed that one too. Like I said before... glad I wasted all that time playing those hidden picture games on my wife's computer... :o

EDIT because 2 words can make a big difference in context...
Last edited by bladernr on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MidGAGuy
Crossroads of Time
Crossroads of Time

Post#9 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:16 pm

I think its where the cashiers can guage how much they want to enforce it based on demand for that day - if they are slow, they can allow you more, but if not, the sign is there ready for them to point to.

Return to “Events”