Into

General information about the annual gathering and the Gap.
Chaz
Tabcat Bridge
Tabcat Bridge

Into

Post#1 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:24 pm

I'm Chaz - a Miataphile from Denver. I may be moving to Charlotte soon and of course the Miatas At the Gap has a lot of appeal.

Question(s):

It seems like hundreds of cars show up. Where to all these people stay and how early do you need to get reservations in?

How much does it cost to register?

With all of these cars, how are drives managed?

I've studied hwy 129 and it looks like sex on pavement, but how does one deal with "Good Citizens"? We have those here in the Rockies, but there are pasing zones to get around them. 129 doesn't seem to have them and little or no room for safe passing. There's nothing more irritating than someone holding up traffic by driving at the speed limit when everyone else wants top go a bit over.

Chaz

Swingdancr
Web Page Czar
Web Page Czar

Re: Into

Post#2 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:28 am

The people stay all over the area. There is a section on this forum accordingly named, "Places to Stay" You can check in there for contact information of many of the area lodgings.

There is no cost to register for the event. It is come as you please, when you please, driving what you please.

Drives are scheduled and posted both here on the forum and also on a board at the registration tent by Fontana General Store.

There are pull-offs all along 129 but nobody is required to use them. If someone refuses to pull over, I'd suggest pulling off yourself, and waiting for traffic to clear, or going back the other direction. I'll also caution about law enforcement up there. It is a big revenue source for the state *wink wink*
Josh and Missy
Staying in Fontana
Driving the infamous Crabbycar

Return to “Welcome”